weatherData is a collection of functions that will fetch weather (Temperature, Pressure, Humidity etc.) data from the Web for you as clean data frame.
A number of people have helped with suggestions and pointers.
- Luca Foschini & Alessio Signorini Luca's questions are what led to the whole idea of summarized data, which is adequate for several types of analysis. (Detailed data might be an overkill.) His friend Alessio Signorini tipped me off to the ways to fetch the summarized data cleanly.
- Felipe Carillo has asked for waterdata from (http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis) and from CDEC http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/selectQuery? These are not currently available, but maybe some day.
- Edward P. Morris was the one who suggested having multiple options depending on which columns users were interested in. His suggestions
led to the creation of the three flags:
opt_custom_columns.In fact, he was the one who came up with the idea for having a vector for
- Martin Lavoie reported that several flags in
getWeatherDataweren't getting set properly. Some of his examples have been added to insts/tests.
- Eduard Chiru reported a bug in CheckDataAvailability, when there were too few rows to fetch.
- Dan Urban requested getting Solar Radation data, which made
ShowAvailableColumnsbetter in handling "id" type of personal weather stations.
Suggestions are welcome! If you would have a particular need for weather data, let me know what changes you'd like to see in the package. If you find bugs, please do report it. Fetching data from the web can be fragile. Please consider submitting an Issue.
Just drop me a note at ramnarasimhan